In this case, you can apply for a residence permit and get the status of a temporary resident of Cyprus for a period of one year, the so-called Pink Slip. This immigration status implies a stay in the country up to 365 days a year. Cyprus provides for this the best conditions in the European Union.
Pink Slip can be extended indefinitely. To do this, you must apply for an extension one month before the current Pink Slip expires. Your application can be considered for 1-3 months, during which time you will be legally in the country. At the same time, you can not be absent from Cyprus for more than three months.
To obtain Pink Slip, you must provide the following documents to the Immigration Office:
- Copy of valid passport or other travel document with validity of at least three (3) months from the date of the submission of the application.
- Original letter of guarantee issued by a bank or cooperative institution in Cyprus with validity of 10 years covering possible repatriation expenses. The amount depends on the country of origin.
- Certificate of Health Insurance for medical care that covers inpatient and outpatient care .
- Copy of marriage certificate (where applicable).
- Title deed or rental agreement of a house/apartment duly certified by the relevant president of the community (mukhtar).
- Proof of stable or adequate income deriving from sources other than employment (i.e. pension, bank account’s statement, interest from deposits, dividends etc).
- Certificate from a banking institution in Cyprus or a bank account statement proving swifts from abroad.